Friday, January 18, 2008

Finally...a radio show...

Okay, after working to find some air time, I finally got a confirmation for my first radio interview of this year. It won't be until July (mid-year) but I am working on getting more before that and also working on getting something booked locally--in my own backyard!!!

Linda Bagwell, the host to the Weatherford College Books-N-Authors show has scheduled me for Saturday, July 12th, the weekend preceding the 1-year anniversary to my release of Proud Souls to the public. I know there wlll be much to discuss and I am sure I will have more than enough to talk about come July.

I will be contacting the owners of the Lark Bookstore and The Bookcase to schedule book signings, immediately following my radio interview. If I play my cards right I am sure I will get one immediatley after the show and another for that evening...I plan on making a day of my visit to Weatherford, beginning with a good breakfast before I start running my mouth.

I am open to ideas and suggestions regarding interview questions. I have compiled a few "talking points" which I am submitting to Linda Bagwell today, along with a complimentary copy of Proud Souls, my full biography and two 8x10 photos depicting yours-truly...and no, I am not smiling in the new pics either.

On a lighter note, I did receive confirmation from Lori Newman, Cultural Arts Coordinator for the city of North Richland Hills and it looks like I will be teaching my "I-Not-Author Creative Writing" course at the city recreational center this summer. I am booked for two, four-week sessions beginning on Saturday June 7th. So, if you are local to the Mid-cities area and are interested in taking a (not so average) writing course, be sure to contact the city staff and sign up for my course. I will populate this blog with more details as they become available.

If you already purchased your copy of my book--Proud Souls--please, head out to Amazon.com and share your comments and feedback with the Amazon community. I am not looking for favors here, but instead honest feedback and criticism. As I have said before...I would rather sale 500 books and have 500 people actually read it, as opposed to selling 1-Million books just to have the same 500 people read it.

I will keep you posted on the status of my pending reviews.

No comments:

Help Fund the Bible Studies

Search This Blog

Page Views