Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Quiet Before the Storm???

Since embarking on my mini-vacation (Stepping Back...To Move Forward) with my family in Arkansas I have sort of taken a breather from working to promote Proud Souls. For those of you who know me, you KNOW how hard it is for me to relax much less do "nothing." But it seems to be a necessary evil as on multiple occasions this week and last I tried to push some projects forward and things never fell into place. Being a man of faith I have come to the determination that I am pushing to make things happen that aren't meant to be--just yet. So, being the stubborn bull that I am...I am going to try and relax more until this tranquility passes and things get rockin' again with my book.

Things are still in the works however. My friends at the city of North Richland Hills Parks & Recreation department have agreed to allow me to offer my “I-Not-Author” creative writing courses which will kick-off this summer with (Saturday) June 7th being my first class. If you are local to the area and you are interested in finding an unfamiliar means to inspiration when dealing with your more creative side, please, by all means sign up for my course. It will be different to say the least and fun. I will share some of my practices for how I draw my stories with words. I will use prompts, moments of silence and role-playing to help stir the creative essence of your souls as you discover your inner literary voice! I can't wait!My new article has posted this week on CultureFeast.com. For those of you who aren't aware, I post a weekly column dealing with all things pertaining to the wonderful world of self-publishing. This week's column (I've Made up My Mind to Self-Publish. Now What?) will be part of a series in which I highlight some necessary steps critical to successful self-publication. I broke the concepts into a Pre-Publication and Post-Publication plan, again, identifying the more critical steps you don't want to overlook. I’ve love to hear your feedback!

After all I did to prepare for a busy 2008, I knew it was only a matter of time before things started “happening” with my novel: Proud Souls. If you put enough time and energy into any project it is only a matter of time before you begin reaping the rewards of your labor. And I have told everyone I know that as the week of Valentine’s Day—that is exactly what would happen. The representatives of Authors On The Rise have agreed to review Proud Souls, the first of many more potential organizations and individuals who will begin posting their professional feedback and criticisms of my heart’s blood on the World Wide Web for everyone to see. Not only them but a representative of the Fort Worth Texas Magazine requested a copy of my book for a potential review that I am hoping will captivate and inspire the reviewer enough to post it within this feature magazine. Mr. Mike French of The View From Here is presently reading Proud Souls and this review is critical for my success in that Mr. French is from England! This is my first (possible) overseas review that could lead to my first International sales!!!

Also this week I have opted to begin implementing a new feature within my blog: the “PS: We Wanna Know” segment where I will answer YOUR questions related to my story and the story-behind-the-story of how I came to draft, design and birth my debut literary novel: Proud Souls.

This week I answered a common question from many readers and specifically, Ms. Courtney Pearce of Bentonville, Arkansas. She asked the following:
“How did you come to create a character that lost his wife and son with such emotional accuracy without actually having suffered that identical loss?”

I have answered your question Courtney (and the question of countless others) in this first Audio Blog Segment of “PS: We Wanna Know.” Please, if I sound a bit corny—I apologize—I think it has to do with the fact that I am talking to myself!!!

Send your questions to my attention here: Bobby@BobbyOzunaOnline.com and maybe I will reference you in my next Audio Blog segment!!!

No comments:

Help Fund the Bible Studies

Search This Blog

Page Views