Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"TheOtherSideofGlory"--July 22, 2008

Last night after working on the opening scenes for Chapter 1 of "The Other Side of Glory" I saw more of the storyline coming to life within my mind. Just after watching a little television with my wife Michele and my daughter Elizabeth and immediately after checking all the doors to make sure they were locked, I saw it, another scene that was already vague within my mind. So, as I have said before the story will continue just as it should, at just the right time.

So far the story opens in a (fictitious) prison setting--Huntsville's Walls Unit some forty-years from today (or actually some 40+ years from the setting of the novel). In that opening Prologue the audience is introduced to a character everyone knows as Pops. What we do know is this: He is old--older at least than the young inmate who is introduced as his new cellmate. I thought the young inmate's name was Josh Harding but just today a familiar and important "voice from my past" let me know the character's name is NOT Josh, but rather Jace. His name is Jace Harding and he my friends is the person telling this story. You can say he is the narrator despite me being the author. It doesn't make perfect sense right now, but it will in time...that I can promise.

Just before checking to make sure all the doors were locked and just after finishing a show with my wife Michele and my daughter Elizabeth, I saw more of the story within my imagination. I saw the "hero" of my story, Joe Allario, standing tall in his green Service Alpha's outside the Ellis Airport in Richlands, North Carolina. This story is going to take the reader from a prison in Texas, to Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, and back to Texas over the course of some 40+ years in the lives of Joey Allario and a man known as Michael "Mikey" Alaniz.

On that note I did hear Pops explaining something important to Jace Harding, but I couldn't make out his words...for some reason the sound within my mind was clouded. Does anyone know what you call the after-sound of a plane passing over your head? You know, you hear the roar of the engine and then the plane is gone, miles away but yet you still hear the sound and roar of the plane...and suddently its gone, sucked out of the sky like a vacuum?
Just curious..it's important for the storyline...

~Bobby Ozuna
"Drawing Stories...With Words"

No comments:

Help Fund the Bible Studies

Search This Blog

Page Views