Monday, June 22, 2009

"The Story Behind the Story"--June 22nd 2009

"The Story Behind the Story, an Author Interviewed" Q & A session is my new measure to help the world of independent authors and publishers. If you have released your own book and are looking for ways to promote your efforts, your book and your soul as the creator of your work, contact me HERE to book your online interview on this blog, "Drawing Stories...With Words."


***

To start this segment (of course not knowing whether I would get any interest), I went to my friend, literary companion and kindred soul...Melissa M. Williams of LongTale Publishing.







Q. What is the title of your book?
A. Iggy the Iguana. Oh, and Summer League is my new sequel releasing July 1st, 2009!

Q. What genre is your book? Who would you consider your audience?
A. Juvenile Fiction (Middle Grade Chapter Book) ages 7 ~ 11--male & female


Q. In 50 words or less, tell us what your book is about.
A. Iggy the Iguana is a fun loving story about the challenges and experiences elementary school animals go through while growing up. Whether you are the new lizard at school, the only animal of your kind in class, or have to deal with the stresses of little sisters, secret crushes, and classroom bullies, you will definitely find a character to relate to in this story!


Q. Apart from being an author, who are you in relation to your gifts?
A. I am a giver of insight and knowledge...a promoter of passion and dreams...and a representative of giving back what God has given to me.

Q. Why did you choose to write this particular book?
A. I have been writing this story since I was eight years-old. I had to write this book, because I will never be one of those people who say, "I shoulda, coulda, woulda."

Q. How much of your personal psyche, your struggle and your insecurities are hidden within the characters of this particular story?
A. I definitely show up in all of my fictional (animal) characters. Iggy had an anxiety issue and a fear of public speaking...as I did in the past. he represents my insecurities, yet he is a leader and constantly overcomes challenges. The major influences in my life have shaped me to be this way as well. Molly has a huge imagination and is known for being a brat and showoff...um...guilty as charged! Snap Shell shows my open-minded and philosophical perspective to life and a constant need to have big dreams. Kit Kay is definitely the goofy side of my personality. And Liz, well, she stands for the type of gal and qualities I hope others see in me...caring...accepting...and easy to get along with.

Q. Apart from writing stories, in which direction do you envision your career heading and what do you plan to bring to the literary world outside producing new stories?
A. In the years to come, I will be developing my name as a public speaker, promoting literacy for our youth, encouraging others to listen to their inner intuition and use their God given gifts to follow their passion and dreams. I have always seen myself as a teacher, so eventually the insight gained in the literary world will fuel my desire to write for adults as well.

Q. Who would you say is your literary mentor?
A. An author and dear friend of mine, Elaine Acker.






Q. What has been your greatest inner struggle to overcome with relation to your literary career?
A. The constant inner need to be perfect...the imaginary timeline that is my greatest tool and worst enemy...the balance between being an artist and a business woman while trying to stay sane at the same time. My struggles are often the things that I love one day and hate the next.

Q. What words would you like to leave the world when you are gone?

A. Stand apart and be like no one else. God has made each of us extremely unique, so find what He wants for you and do it...never stopping to settle!


***
You can stay connected, meet and greet or connect with our feature author, Melissa M. Williams of LongTale Publishing by following any one of her URL's below.



*******************************************************************************
If you would like to feature your author's Q & A session or book your own interview, please contact Bobby Ozuna HERE.



...supporting the independent arts...

~Bobby Ozuna
Author | Ghost-Writer | Book Coach | Press Release Services | Internet Radio Talk Show Host
OZUNA PUBLICATIONS

No comments:

Help Fund the Bible Studies

Search This Blog

Page Views