Tuesday, December 1, 2020

As not to force my own opinions




No doubt, up until this point, the bible studies have been relatively easy to write, with easy being, they flowed really well and I've studied the content enough to spit out questions without delay or hindrance. That was to say--until I hit the first verse of Chapter 3.  That is what they call a roadblock. 


It's funny how the very things the Lord inspires you to do, parallel the very path you might be on in life, or more specifically, in your walk with the Lord. Verse 1 poses a point of consideration for people who aspire to, or have been called, to teach the gospel message. James is firm in his reminder that those who teach "will incur a stricter judgment" (NASB). How ironic, the very moment I decide to step further into my faith and walk with the Lord, and expand on the gifts He gave me, to write and teach, expanding on the gospel message, and I hit this roadblock that reminds me--you better be studied up!

We learn in 2nd Timothy that we should study to show ourselves approved unto God (2 Timothy 2:15) and no doubt, I took that warning very seriously. I spent 2 weeks reviewing, studying and meticulously reviewing every word in James chapters 1 and 2, comparing the original Greek text to the literal translations of the NASB and KJV, to ensure the questions drafted supported the original message. For some reason I just got stuck on that 1st verse--stricter judgement. I was faced with the reality, in my own study, that to teach the gospel message requires more than studying the words, but more so, bringing yourself to a place of subjection under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Without that, I would be imposing my own opinions and that my friends, would surely invite the judgment on myself. 

I want to serve the Lord, in transparency and truth, in teaching the gospel message, as I was called to, many years ago. I have since recorded my first teaching video on the opening verses of James, chapter 1 (The Joy of Trials), and now, I am preparing the follow-up lesson to record and publish this week. I spent almost 3 weeks reading and re-reading chapter 3, to ensure the message points to the gospel, and the questions bring my audience to a place to face their sins with confidence, and not guilt and shame.

A virtual bible study group on Facebook will begin using my bible studies on the book of James, beginning next week. I can't wait for the feedback, but more so, I can't wait to hear that someone, daring to be transparent and open with their responses, is finding freedom afforded in the gospel message. If so much as one person starts the transformation walk--then I would have completed my mission.



No comments:

Help Fund the Bible Studies

Search This Blog

Page Views